Friday, December 19, 2008

#22 Downloading audios and videos

I don't listen to audiobooks so I probably won't download anything from R.E.A.D.S.;however, I did search for and found "The curious case of Benjamin Button" which is popular now because of the movie. I think it's a great service and I have a story to tell about introducing a patron to it. He had been listening to books on our Playaways and asked if we had any new ones. We didn't, so I told him about R.E.A.D.S. His wife helped him download a couple of things and he was hooked. The last time I saw him he showed me what he was listening to so it makes me feel good to know that I was able to introduce a patron to a program that he absolutely loves.

I watched a travel video from MyLibraryDV earlier in our 24 Things when we were exploring online resources. This is not the place to find current hit movies, but it does offer some popular series such as Antiques Roadshow, Globe Trekker, and Michael Chiarello's Napa and a smattering of foreign films from Film Movement. I think it's a service worth having and you can't beat the cost.

No comments: